2019 Anwar, Syed Ferhat; Haque, A.K. Enamul, et. al. The case of Millennium Information Solutions Ltd. and the Case of Datasoft Systems Bangladesh limited; in Kotler, Philip; Kartajaya, Hermawan; and Huan, Hooi Den (edited) Asian Competitors – Marketing
For up to date CV of Dr. Haque please visit http://acdonline.org/profile-of-dr-a-k-enamul-haque/
Haque, A.K. Enamul, “Benefits from Lighting – A Cost Benefit Analysis of Distributed Solar Home Systems” Paper presented at the Eminent Panel of Experts headed by Nobel Laureate Professor Finn E Kydland at BRAC Center Inn on 11 May, 2016. Link to the paper
Estiaque Bari and A. K. Enamul Haque The Economics of Taming Teesta River: Limits the Choice of Agricultural Crop Diversification Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension, Economics & Sociology, 9(4): 1-13, 2016; Article no.AJAEES.22827, ISSN: 2320-7027 weblink
Kamal, Javed Bin; and Haque, A K Enamul; Dependence between Stock Market and Foreign Exchange Market in South Asia: A Copula-Garch Approach Journal of Development Areas 2016 Vol 50, No 1, Winter 2016
Karim, Zahurul and Haque, A.K. Enamul, “Convergence of Policies and Programs for Sustainable and Climate Resilience Agriculture” Presented at the Bi-annual Conference of Bangladesh Agricultural Economists Association on 23 January 2016 held at the BARC Auditorium in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Hossain, Kazi Abrar; Haque, Sharjil Muktafi; and Haque, A.K. Enamul; “An Analysis of the Determinants of Wage and Salary Differentials in Bangladesh“, South Asia Economic Journal, Vol 16 16 No 2, pp 295-308; September 2015. weblink
Haque, Sharjil Muktafi and Haque, AK. Enamul; “Which Factors Affect Probability of Women using Prenatal Care? – the case of Bangladesh” ADPR-2014-2(2)-39-46, Asian Development Policy Review,2014, 2(2): 39-46
hahidur R. Khandker, Hussain A. Samad, Zubair K. M. Sadeque, Mohammed Asaduzzaman, Mohammad Yunus, and A. K. Enamul Haque, Surge in Solar-Powered Homes Experience in Off-Grid Rural Bangladesh, Direction in Development series – Energy and Mining, World Bank Group, ISBN (paper): 978-1-4648-0374-1 ISBN (electronic): 978-1-4648-0375-8
A.K.E. Haque, Z.H. Khan, M. Nepal, and Priya Shyamsundar: 2014 “Red Wells or Green Wells and Does it Matter? Examining Household Use of Arsenic Contaminated Water in Bangladesh” Environment and Development Economics:Essays in Honour of Sir Partha Dasgupta Edited by Scott Barrett, Karl-Göran Mäler, and Eric S. Maskin published by Oxford University Press, London Full Paper Download
Hossain, Md. Shahadath; Haque, A. K. Enamul and Rahman, A. B. M. Munibur, “Stock Market Crash Induced Capital Flight: Experience of an Emerging Economy “, International Journal of Economics and Finance; Vol. 6, No. 1; 2014 ISSN 1916-971X E-ISSN 1916-9728 Published by Canadian Center of Science and Education. Full Paper Download
Miah, M. A. Monayem; Haque , A. K. Enamul; Hossain S. “Economic Impact of Climate Change on Wheat Produtivity in Bangladesh: A Ricardian Approach” in Science, Policy and Politics on Modern Agricultural System: Global Context to Local Dynamics of Sustainable Agriculture, Edited by Mohamed Behnassi, Shabbir A. Shahid, and Nazia Mintz-Habib, published by Springer Science+Business Media B.V.Dordrecht (Springer) pp.115-14, 2013 Chapter 7 Download
A. K. Enamul Haque, Luke Brander, Roy Brouwer, Sonia Akter and Sakib Mahmud, “The environmental and social impacts of flood defences in rural Bangladesh” in Nature’s Wealth: The Economics of Ecosystem Services and Poverty edited by Pieter J. H. van Beukering, Elissaios Papyrakis, Jetske Bouma, and Roy Brouwer, published by Cambridge University Press, UK 2013
K.S. Kavi Kumar, Kamal Karunagoda, Enamul Haque, L. Venkatachelam and Girish Nath Bahal, Addressing Long-Term Challenges to Food Security and Rural Livelihoods in South Asia published by Madras School of Economics, India and Global Development Networks, WORKING PAPER 75/2012, New Delhi. 2013
Policy Brief on long-Term Challenges to Food Security and Rural Livelihoods in South Asia Briefing Paper Number 7 | 2012 GDN Agriculture Policy Series
Haque, A.K. Enamul, “Reducing the Cost of Climate Adaptation using Stakeholder-based Cost Benefit Analysis”, IIED: London, 2013, January.
Haque, A.K. Enamul, “South Asian Economy in 2060: Challenges Ahead”, South Asia 2060- envisioning regional futures, edited by Adil Najam and MoeedYousuf, Anthem Press, NY-London-Delhi, 2013
Shamim Shakur, A. K. Enamul Haque “An Input-Output Analysis with an Environmentally Adjusted Agricultural and Forestry Sector in Bangladesh” Journal of Sustainable Development, Vol. 5, No. 3, March 2012, ISSN 1913-9063 (Print) ISSN 1913-9071 (Online), Canadian Center of Science and Education.
Khan, D.M., Rahman, S.M.M., Haque, A.K.E., Chen, A.S., Hammond, M.J., Djordjevic, S., and Butler, D., 2012. Flood damage assessment for Dhaka City, Bangladesh. Proceedings 2nd European Conference on FLOODrisk Management, 20th – 22nd November 2012, Rotterdam, the Netherlands; Download full paper
Toward Sustainable Municipal Organic Waste Management in South Asia : A Guidebook for Policy Makers and Practitioners published by the Asian Development Bank, Manila
Adapting to Climate Change, published by the Asian Development Bank, Manila
ADB, Adapting to Climate Change – strengthening the climate resilience of the water sector infrastructure in Khulna, Bangladesh, Asian Development Bank, Manila: Philippines. 2011
Monayem A. Miah., A. K.Enamul Haque, S. Hossain 2011, “Economic impact of climate change on wheat productivity in Bangladesh: A Ricardian approach” in Agriculture Face To Recent Changes And Dynamics: Pathways To Sustainability edited by Mohamed Behnassi, Shabbir A. Shahid, NaziaMintz-Habib, Springer, Netherlands.
Haque, A.K. Enamul, M N Murty, Priya Shyamsundar 2011 (edited), Environmental Valuation in South Asia, Cambridge University Press, New Delhi/London
Haque, A.K. Enamul, Zakir Hossain Khan, 2011 “Red Wells, Green Wells and the Costs of Arsenic Contamination in Bangladesh” in Environmental Valuation in South Asia, edited by A.K. Enamul Haque, M N Murty, and Priya Shyamsundar, Cambridge University Press, UK and India.
Miah, M A Monayem, Islam, S M.F., and Haque, A.K. Enamul, “Impact of fallow period in Shifting Cultivation on Soil Erosion and Farm Revenue” Journal of Agriculture and Environment Science, Vol 1, No 2, 2010.
Haque, A.K. Enamul; Alam Khurshed; et al. “Study 4 – Socio Economic Scenarios of Khulna City under Climate Change 2030-2050”, in Strengthening the Resilience of the Water Sector in Khulna to Climate Change – Final Report, a Technical Assistance Consultant’s Report by Institute of Water Modelling, Dhaka Bangladesh and Alterra, Netherlands.
Haque, A.K. Enamul, 2009, “Value Enhancement through CSR” Marketing Practices in Developing Economy – cases from South Asia, edited by Ruby Roy Dholakia, Syed Ferhat Anwar and Khalid Hasan, New Delhi:PHI Learning Private Limited. Pp265-271
Roy Brouwer, Sonia Akter, Luke Brander And AKE. Haque, Economic valuation of flood risk exposure and reduction in a severely flood prone developing country” Environment and Development Economics, Volume 14, Issue 03, Jun 2009, pp 397-417
A.K. Enmul Haque, Living with Disasters – Children of Bangladesh and Climate Change, Country paper of Save the Children UK, 2008 – a shorter version appeared in the Daily Star in Dhaka Living with disasters on May 29, 2009
Haque, A.K. Enamul Haque, “Does Afforestation Ensure Sustainbility – a study of haor in Bangladesh’ published in Promise, trust, and evolution: managing the commons of South Asia edited by By Rucha Ghate, N. S. Jodha, PranabMukhopādhay , Oxford University Press, London.
A.K. Enamul Haque, Sonia Aftab, M.Zakir Hossain Kahan , “Adoption of Arsenic-Safe Drinkng Water Practice in Rural Bangladesh” Journal of Bangladesh Studies, ISSN 1529-0905, Volume-8 (2006)
V. Santhakumar, A.K. Enamul Haque and Rabindranath Bhattacharya, “An economic analysis of mangroves in South Asia” Economic Development in South Asia edited by Mohsin S. Khan. Reprint. New Delhi, Tata McGraw-Hill Pub., 2005, viii, 437 p., ISBN 0-07-058811-2. weblink: Economic analysis of mangrove in South Asia
Haque, A. K. Enamul Hauqe Sanitary and Phyto-Sanitary Barriers to Trade and its Impact on the Environment: The Case of Shrimp Farming in Bangladesh – Summary Jun 25, 2003, Trade Knowledge Network, International Institute for Sustainable Development, Switzerland. 2003 [also available at TKN Paper ]
A.K. Enamul Haque and Hollis Price, “James Mirrlees (1936- ): An Authority of Information Economics and a Laureate of 1996”, Frontiers of Economics, edited by Abu NM Wahid, Greenwood Press, Connecticut, USA 2002
Shamsher Ali, A.K. Enamul Haque, & Greville Rumble,”The Bangladesh Open University: Mission and Promise, Open Learning, The Journal of Open and Distance Learning, Vol 12, No 2., 1997 pp12-28.
A.K. Enamul Haque, “Cost effectiveness of distance education – a case study of Bangladesh Open University,” One World Many Voices – Quality in Open and Distance Learning, Vol 1, pp-419-422, Edited by David Sewart, A collection of selected conference papers, ICDE and OU publication, London: 1995 June.
G. Fox and A.K. Enamul Haque, “A Test of the Underinvestment, Myopia and Commodity Bias Hypotheses for U.S. Agricultural Research”, Agricultural Economics, 1990, 4:209-228.
G. Fox, A.K. Enamul Haque and G. Brinkman, “Product Market Distortions and the Returns to Federal Laying-Hen Research in Canada: Reply and Further Results”, Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 1990, 38(2):351-356.
A.K. Enamul Haque, G. Fox and George Brinkman, “Product Market Distortions and the Returns to Federal Laying-Hen Research in Canada”, Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 1989, 37(1):29-46.
A.K. Enamul HAQUE, Glenn Fox and George Brinkman, “The Rate of Return to Egg Research in Canada – 1968- 1984”, Working Paper 87/10, Department of Agricultural Economics and Business, University of Guelph, September, 1987.
Haque, A.K. Enamul, and Estiaque Bari Garments Workers in Bangladesh – Social Impact of the Garment Industry, A survey report published by the Asian Center for Development, 2015 Abstract
A.K. Enamul Haque, Dipankar Aich, Rizwana Subhani, Estiaque Bari and M Abdullah Abu Diyan, Tale of a Tamed River – Value of Ecosystem Services of Teesta River, ACD Working Paper. Asian Center for Development
A.K. Enamul Haque, and Dipankar Aich “Economic Valuation of Ecosystem Services” in Bangladesh Sundarban Delta Vision 2050 – a first step in its formulation (volume 2) edited by Dr. Muhammed Zakir Hussain, published by IUCN Bangladesh Country Office, 2014 Weblink
M. Asaduzzaman, A. K. Enamul Haque, K. M. Nabiul Islam, M. Qamar Munir, Stephen Roddick, Erin Roberts and Anna Hasemann, Assessing the Risk of Loss and Damage Associated with the Adverse Effects of Climate Change in Bangladesh published by CDKN, ICCCAD, GermanWatch and others. 2013
Miah, Dr. M A Monayem; and Haque, A. K. Enamul 2013, Policy Options for Supporting Agricultural Diversification in Bangladesh, published by the Ministry of Food, Government of Bangladesh with support from USAID, FAO and EU. 2013
Annual Assessment Report 2011 on UNDP’s activities in Bangladesh from 2007-2010 period. Assessment team led by Dr. Quazi Shahabuddin, Dr. Binayak Sen, Dr. Akbar Ali Khan, Dr. Amena Mohsin and Dr. A.K. Enamul Haque. ADR Bangladesh 2011 Executive Summary
Haque, A. K. Enamul Haque 2009 An Assessment of Climate Change on ADP of Bangladesh, published by Economic Research Group, Dhaka, 2009 25_11_09 Climage Change EHq, base paper for 6th Five year Plan of Bangladesh.
Nature Based Tourism in Bangladeshi – a study of the economics of ecotourism, published by IUCN Bangladesh and funded by Nishorgo Project of USAID 2008.
Rich Resources, Poor People – the paradox of living in TanguarHaor, Baseline study on the livelihood of the people, IUCN Bangladesh, funded by SDC 2008 IUCN Report on Tanguar Haor
Haque, A.K. Enamul, M Behroj Jalil and Farha Naz, State of Corporate Governance in Bangladesh – Analysis of Public Limited Companies- Financial, Non-Financial Institutions and State Owned Enterprises, working paper 2/2007 Center for Research and Training, East West University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Haque, A.K. Enamul, and Zohir, Sajjad, 2007 “Oil Price Increase – an assessment of impacts and policy recommendations”, http://www.ergonline.org/oil_price_erg.html , Economic Research Group, Dhaka.
Haque, A.K. Enamul, 2007 Impact of Oil Price increase on the Economy of Bangladesh –BANSIM II Economic Research Group, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Brouwer, R., Aftab, S., Brander, L, and Haque, E. (2007). Socio-Economic Vulnerability and Adaptation to Environmental Risk: A Case Study of Climate Change and Flooding in Bangladesh, Risk Analysis, Vol 27, No 2, p313-326.
Haque, A.K. Enamul; Karim, Azreen; and Abdallah, Wahid, “Expanding Trade under a Free Trade Regime: Issues Related to Market Access”, East West University Journal, 2007, Vol 1, No 1.
Haque, A.K. Enamul, Chaudhury, M and Abbasi, Parvez Karim, “Demand for Water in DWASA Zones (2005-2030)”, Research Monograph, Institute of Water Modelling, Dhaka. 2007
Haque, A.K. Enamul “Assessment of Public Expenditure in Education: Achieving Gender Parity” Who Gets What – A Gender Analysis of Public Expenditure in Bangladesh –edited by Barbara Evers and KanizSiddique, United Press Limited, Dhaka, 2006
Haque, A.K. Enamul, and Sakib Mahmud, 2003, Economic Policy Paper: Access to Finance for SMEs – Problems and Remedies, Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industries, Dhaka; published by CDDI and CIPE
A.K. Enamul HAQUE, “Negotiating Exploration Agreement – a game theoretic approach”, The Jahangirnagar Economic Review, vol 13, No 1, June 2002. A Journal published by the Department of Economics, Jahangirnagar University, Savar. Dhaka Bangladesh.
Ainun Nishat, Mahfuz Ullah and A.K. Enamul Haque, Bangladesh Environment Outlook – 2001 (edited). Contributors include Dr Jamilur Reza Choudhury, Dr. Rejaur Rahman, Dr. Abdul Hamid, Dr. ABM Badruzzaman, Dr. Ashraf Ali, Dr. DepasisBhadra, Dr. Islam M Faisal, Dr. MahbubUllah, Mr. Rumi Shammin, and Mr. MunzurulHannan Khan, published by CFSD, Dhaka.
Haque A.K. Enamul 2001, Impact of Land Degradation on the Economy of Bangladesh, Research Monograph at the Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies, under the project SEMP.
Haque A.K. Enamul and Islam M Faisal 2001 Eco-coding of Vehicles – an assessment for Dhaka City. published by Centre for Sustainable Development CFSD.
PARIBESH SHABDAKOSH পরিবেশ শব্দকোষ- Lexicon of environmental words. Edited by Prof.Ainun Nishat, MahfuzUllah, Dr. A. K. Enamul Haque, Maniruzzaman Khan. Published by Mahfuz Ullah, Secretary General, Centre for Sustainable Development (CFSD) .Second Edition December 2001.
A.K. Enamul Haque, Islam M Faisal, Abdul Bayes, “ Health Costs of Pollution from Hazaribagh Tanneries”, The Jahangirnagar Economic Review, vol 11, No 1, June 2000. A Journal published by the Department of Economics, Jahangirnagar University, Savar. Dhaka Bangladesh.
A.K. Enamul Haque “Strengthening of Financial Capacities for Promoting Sustainable Development in Bangladesh” in National Forum on Multi-Stakeholder Sustainability Planning in Bangladesh, published by IUCNpp138-150 – Proceedings of the Conference of National Forum on Sustainable Planning in Bangladesh.
A.K. Enamul Haque with Dr. Islam M Faisal, Md Rumi Shammin and Dr. AinunNishat, “Impact on Biodiversity and Ecosystem” in The 1998 Flood: Impact on Environment of Dhaka City edited by AinunNishat, Mohammed Reazuddin, Raquibul Amin and A R Khan, Department of Environment, Ministry of Environment and Forests, and IUCN, Bangaldesh Office.
Ahmad, Q K, Nishat Ainun, Chowdhury, QI, Haque, A.K. Enamul; and Rahman, Aminur, Environmental Economics in Bangladesh, edited volume, Published by IUCN Bangladesh. ISBN 981-31-0171-6, 2000
Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics, Bangladesh Compendium of Environment Statistics, 1997, co-authored this document for the Government of Bangladesh, February 1999. [first environmental compendium of Bangladesh]
Ainun Nishat, Mahfuz Ullah, A.K. Enamul HAQUE, Moniruzzaman Khan, (edited), Poribesh Shabdokosh[Lexicon of Bangla Environmental Terms], Published by Centre for Sustainable Development, February 1998.
Irshad Kamal Khan and A.K. Enamul Haque, Biastik Arthanity (micro economics), School of Business, Bangladesh Open University, 1995 (a textbook for Diploma in Management students of BOU).
A.K. Enamul Haque, “Indstrial Policy and Regional Industrial Structure of Bangladesh – a regional analysis” – (in Bangla) Banglahdesh Journal of Political Economy, Vol. XIII No.1 pp 444-452, A journal of the Bangladesh Economic Association., July 1995.
A.K. Enamul Haque and Philip J. Shaw, “Psychographic Segmentation of the Markets – its use in Market Research and Public Policy,” Chittagong University Studies, Social Science, Vol 13, No 1. 1992 (published in 1994) pp 99-107.
A.K. Enamul Haque, “The Chittagong Export Processing Zone: Has it contributed to the industrialization of Bangladesh?” Bangladesh Political Economy, Journal of the Bangladesh Economic Association, 1993 Vol 12, No 1. pp. 275-288
Islam, M., Choudhury, H., Ahmed, S.U., Ahmed, S., Dutta, J.P., Ali, M., and HAQUE, A.K. Enamul., Overseas Migration from Bangladesh – a micro study, Rural Economics Program, University of Chittagong, Bangladesh. 1986.
Conference & Seminars
- 2012-02-11, Seminar on Bangladesh Priorities – Smart Solutions for Bangladesh Distributed Solar – a cost benefit analysis, Copenhagen Consensus Center.
- 2016-01-23, Biannual Conference of the Bangladesh Agricultural Economists Association Convergence of Policies and Programs for Sustainable and Climate Resilience Agriculture, BAEA – Dhaka.
- http://acdonline.org/meetings-and-conferences/ for up to date records on seminars and workshops
- http://acdonline.org/public-engagement-logbook/ for up to date records on public engagements
1. “Real exchange rate behavior and exchange rate misalignment in Bangladesh: A single equation approach,” (with Atiqur Rahman), Bangladesh Development Studies, 2001, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 69-93.
2. “The enduring significance of Bangladesh’s war of independence: An analysis of economic costs and consequences,” (with Saud Choudhry), Journal of Developing Areas, 2002, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 41-55.
3. “PPP tests in cointegrated panels: Evidence from Asian developing countries,” (with Mohammed Mohsin), Applied Economics Letters, 2004, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 163-66.
4. “A macroeconometric model of the Bangladesh economy and its policy implications,” (with M. Kabir Hassan, Neal Maroney and Ihsan Isik), Journal of Developing Areas, 2004, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 135-49.
5. “Day-of-the-week effects in emerging stock markets,” (with Perry Sadorsky), Applied Economics Letters, 2006, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 621-628.
6. “Oil price risk and emerging stock markets,” (with Perry Sadorsky), Global Finance Journal, 2006, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 224-251.
7. “Mixed oligopoly under demand uncertainty,” (with Mahmudul Anam and Shin-Hwan Chiang), B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, 2007, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 1-26.
8. “Can panel data really improve the predictability of the monetary exchange rate model?,” (with Joakim Westerlund), Journal of Forecasting, 2007, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 365-383.
9. “Time-varying volatility and equity returns in Bangladesh stock market,” (with M. Kabir Hassan and Anisul Islam), Applied Financial Economics, 2007, Vol. 17, No. 7, pp. 1393-1407.
10. “Is there really a unit root in the inflation rate? More evidence from panel data models,” (with Joakim Westerlund), Applied Economics Letters, 2008, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 161-164.
11. “Mixed signals among tests for panel cointegration,” (with Joakim Westerlund), Economic Modelling, 2008, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 128-136.
12. “Geography, population density, and education: Explaining income gaps across U.S. states and Canadian provinces,” (with Nils-Petter Lagerloef), Journal of Macroeconomics, 2008, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 1173-1187.
13. “Testing for convergence in carbon dioxide emissions using a century of panel data,” (with Joakim Westerlund), Environmental and Resource Economics, 2008, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 109-120.
14. “The long-term decline in internal migrations in Canada: The case of Ontario,” (with Stefano Fachin), Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 171-181.
15. “Price level convergence, purchasing power parity and multiple structural breaks in panel data analysis: An application to US cities,” (with Josep Carrion-i-Silvestre), Journal of Time Series Econometrics, 2009, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 1-38.
16. “Panel cointegration and the monetary exchange rate model,” (with Joakim Westerlund), Economic Modelling, 2009, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 506-513.
17. “From home bias to euro bias: Disentangling the effects of monetary union on the European financial markets,” (with Faruk Balli and Hatice Balli), Journal of Economics and Business, 2010, Vol. 62, No. 5, pp. 347-366.
18. “Linear or nonlinear cointegration in the purchasing power parity relationship?,” (with Alfred Haug), Applied Economics, 2011, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 185-196.
19. “Income insurance and the determinants of income insurance via foreign asset revenues and foreign liability payments,” (with Faruk Balli and Hatice Balli), Economic Modelling, 2011, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 2296-2306.
20. “Measuring persistence of U.S. city prices: New evidence from robust tests,” (with Josep Carrion-i-Silvestre), Empirical Economics, 2011, Vol. 41, No. 3, pp. 739-745.
21. “Oil prices, exchange rates and emerging stock markets,” (with Alfred Haug and Perry Sadorsky), Energy Economics, 2012, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 227-240.
22. “Country heterogeneity and long-run determinants of in ation in the Gulf Arab states,” (with Elsayed Elsamadisy), OPEC Energy Review, 2012, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 170-203.
23. “Channels of risk-sharing among Canadian provinces: 1961-2006,” (with Faruk Balli and Rosmy Jean Louis), Empirical Economics, 2012, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 763-787.
24. “Risk sharing in the Middle East and North Africa – The role of remittances and factor incomes,” (with Faruk Balli and Rosmy Jean Louis), Economics of Transition, 2013, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 135-155.
25. “Sectoral equity returns and portfolio diversification opportunities across the GCC region,” (with Faruk Balli and Rosmy Jean Louis), Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money, 2013, Vol. 25, July, pp. 33-48.
26. “Understanding challenges to food security in dry Arab micro-states: Evidence from Qatari micro-data,” (with David Raboy, Simeon Kaitibie and Ishrat Hossain), Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, 2013, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 1-19.
27. “International income risk-sharing and the global financial crisis of 2008-2009,” (with Faruk Balli and Hatice Balli), Journal of Banking and Finance, 2013, Vol. 37, No. 7, pp. 2303-2313.
28. “The long-run relationship between savings and investment in oil-exporting developing countries: A case study of the Gulf Arab states,” (with Stefano Fachin), OPEC Energy Review, 2013, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 429-446.
29. “Deconstructing shocks and persistence in OECD real exchange rates,” (Josep Carrion-i-Silvestre), B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, 2013, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 187-212.
30. “More efficient production subsidies for emerging agriculture in micro Arab states: A conceptual model,” (with David Raboy, Ishrat Hossain and Simeon Kaitbie), Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, 2013, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 293-319.
31. “Pre- versus post-crisis central banking in Qatar,” (with Elsayed Elsamadisy and Khalid Alkhater), Journal of Policy Modeling, 2014, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 330-352.
32. “The determinants of the volatility of returns on cross-border asset holdings,” (with Faruk Balli and Faisal Rana), Journal of International Money and Finance, 2014, Vol. 44, June, pp. 1-23.
33. “Stock markets and energy prices,” Reference Module in Earth Systems and Environmental Sciences, 2014, pp. 1-9, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-409548-9.09060-6
34. “The impacts of food prices and income shocks on household food security and economic well-being: Evidence from rural Bangladesh,” (with Sonia Akter), Global Environmental Change, 2014, Vol. 25, March, pp. 150-162.
35. “Price volatility and the political economy of resource-rich nations,” (with Ahmed Mahmud), Economics of Governance, 2014, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 253-279.
36. “Dependence patterns across Gulf Arab stock markets: A copula approach,” (with Salem Nechi and Hui Zhu), Journal of Multinational Financial Management, 2014, Vol. 25-26, July, pp. 30-50.
37. “Investigating long-run demand for broad money in the Gulf Arab countries,” (with Stefano Fachin), Middle East Development Journal, 2014, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 199-214.
38. “Loan loss provisioning in OIC countries: Evidence from conventional vs. Islamic banks,” (with M. Kabir Hassan and Ali Ashraf), Journal of King Abdulaziz University: Islamic Economics, 2015, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 23-59.
39. “Regional initiative in the Gulf Arab states: The search for a common currency,” International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, 2015, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 185-202.
40. “An analysis of returns and volatility spillovers and their determinants in emerging Asian and Middle Eastern countries,” (with Faruk Balli, Hassan Ghassan and Hassan Hajhoj), International Review of Economics and Finance, 2015, Vol. 39, September, pp. 311-325.
41. “Time series properties of the renewable energy diffusion process: Implications for energy policy design and assessment,” (with Andrea Masini and Sam Aflaki), Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2015, Vol. 52, December, pp. 1680-1692.
42. “The impact of oil shocks on exchange rates: A Markov-switching approach,” (with Alfred Haug and Perry Sadorsky), Energy Economics, 2016, Vol. 54, February, pp. 11-23.
43. “Hedging emerging market stock prices with oil, gold, VIX, and bonds: A comparison between DCC, ADCC and GO-GARCH,” (with Perry Sadorsky), Energy Economics, 2016, Vol. 54, February, pp. 235-247.
44. “The oil cycle, the Federal Reserve and the monetary and exchange rate policies in Qatar,” (with Khalid Alkhater), Middle East Development Journal, 2016, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 127-155.
45. “On the global determinants of visiting home,” (with Faruk Balli, Rosmy Jean Louis and Ahmed Saber Mahmud), International Journal of Tourism Research, forthcoming.
- Huq, I., Nargis, N., Lkhagvasuren, D., Hussain, A.K.M.G. and Fong, G.T. (2018). The Impact of Income and Taxation in a Price-Tiered Cigarette Market – findings from the ITC Bangladesh Surveys. Tobacco Control, Published Online First: 25 April 2018. doi: 10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2017-054053
- Nargis, N., Ruthbah, U.H., Hussain, A.K.M.G., Fong, G.T., Huq, I. and Ashiquzzaman, S.M. (2014). The Price Sensitivity of Cigarette Consumption in Bangladesh: Evidence from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Bangladesh Wave 1 (2009) and Wave 2 (2010) Surveys. Tobacco Control, Volume 23. BMJ Publishing Group. doi: 10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2012-050835
- Muzaffar, A.T., Huq, I. and Mallik, B.A. (2009). Entrepreneurs of the Streets: An Analytical Work on the Street Food Vendors of Dhaka City. International Journal of Business and management, Vol. 4, No. 2.
- Munim, S.S., Mallik, B.A. and Huq, I. (2009). Conceptualizing Social Capital in Lieu of the Market – viewing literature through a new framework. Journal on Business and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 2.
- Huq, I., Rabbani, M. and Mallik, B.A. (2008). Programs for the Hard Core Poor – Preliminary Assessment of the Alternative Approaches. The Jahangirnagar Economic Review, Vol 19.
- Zohir, S., Rabbani, M., Mallik, B.A., Huq, I. and Afsana, R. (2008). Exclusion and Poverty: An analytical approach for understanding exclusion and assessing programs targeting the very poor in Bangladesh. BRAC and Economic Research Group Publication, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Conference & Seminars
- Huq, I (2018). Factors affecting smoking initiation among the youth in Bangladesh: An empirical analysis, presented at Asia Pacific Conference on Tobacco or Health (APACT) at Bali on September 13-15, 2018.
- Huq, I., Nargis, N., Lkhagvasuren, D., Hussain, A.K.M.G. and Fong, G.T. (2018). An empirical analysis of the impact of income change and cigarette taxation in a price-tiered cigarette market of Bangladesh, presented at World Conference on Tobacco or Health (WCTOH) 2018 at Cape Town on March 7-9, 2018.
- Huq, I., Nargis, N., Hussain, A. K. M. G., Fong, G. T. (2018). Does change in perception of tobacco risk affect smokers’ behaviour? – An empirical analysis, presented at World Conference on Tobacco or Health (WCTOH) 2018 at Cape Town on March 7-9, 2018.
- Jamil, Gazi H.M., Lkhagvasuren, Damba and Huq, I. (2016). The Effects of Local Market Conditions on Provincial Labor Mobility in Canada: An Evidence from Survey of Labor and Income Dynamics, presented at Canadian Economic Association Conference at Ottawa on June 3-5, 2016.
- Huq, I., Mallik, B.A., Driezen, P., Nargis, N., Ruthbah, U.H., Quah, A.C.K., Ashiquzzaman, S.M., Fong, G.T. and Hussain, A.K.M.G. (2012). Comparing Socio- demographic Characteristics and Economic Burden among Cigarette and Bidi Smokers in Bangladesh: Findings from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Bangladesh Wave 2 Survey, presented at World Conference on Tobacco or Health (WCTOH) 2012 at Singapore on March 20-24, 2012.
“Effect of Trade Liberalization on Economic Growth of Developing Countries”,- The Jahangirnagar Review, Part II: Social Sciences, Vol. XXXVI, pp. 125-140, 2012 printed in June 2015, ISSN 1682-422.
“A Comparative Study on the Cost of Higher Education in Private and Public Universities in Bangladesh”, – East West Journal of Business and Social Studies (EWJBSS), Vol. 3, pp. 47-67, 2013
“Economics of Mushroom (Agricus bisporus) Production in a Selected Upazilla of Bangladesh.” – “The Agriculturists”: A Scientific Journal of Krishi Foundation, Vol. 10, No. 2, Page- 77-89, December 2012, ISSN 1729 – 5211.
“Socio-economic Benefits of Rickshaw-pulling with Special Reference to Income, Employment and Services: A Study in Dhaka city”, Daffodil International University Journal of Business and Economics, Vol. 4, No. 1 & 2; (page 71-85), December, 2009.
- Karim and Gazi Q.H. , “Motor Vehicle Agreement Between Bangladesh Bhutan India and Nepal: Implications and Challenges”, BIISS Journal, Vol. 36, No. 2, April 2015, pp. 165-180
- B.K. Nandi, M. Chaudhury and Gazi Q.H., “Univariate Time Series Forecasting: A Study on Monthly Tax Revenue of Bangladesh” East West Journal of Business and Social Studies, Vol. 4, January 2015, pp. 01-28
- ”Why is the South Korean growth experience different? An analysis of the differences of per capita GDP between South Korea and South Asian countries”, Economic Change and Restructuring, Vol. 49, No. 1, pp. 41- 69, Springer, NY, USA
- “Resource Structure and Imports: An Analysis of the Relationship between Skill Intensive Imports and Skill Endowment” The International Trade Journal, Vol. 26, no. 2. Routledge, Taylor and Francis, UK.
- ”The Effect of Economic Freedom on Corruption: The Case of South Asian Countries”, International Journal of Economics and Business Research, Vol. 5, No 2, Inderscience Publications, Switzerland.
- “Protecting human development: a search for an effective policy – a comparative cross country study of Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia”.International Journal of Education Economics and Development, Vol. 5, no. 2. Inderscience Publications, Switzerland.
- “In Search of the Reasons of the Great Recession: Time for a Change in Policies?” World Review of Business Research, Vol. 1, no. 1. World Business Institute, Australia.
- “Constraints and Challenges of SME Development – Evidences from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh” International Journal of SME Development, Vol. 1, no. 1. SME Foundation, Bangladesh.
- “Effect of South Asian Free Trade Area on Readymade Garments Trade” BUFT Journal, Vol. 2, No. 1. BGMEA University of Fashion and Technology.
- “Trends in the Growth Rate of RMG Exports of Bangladesh.”AIUB Journal of Business and Economics, Vol. 10, no. 1.American International University Bangladesh.
- “Business Environment and Economic Growth in Bangladesh: A Comparative Overview of Economic Freedom as an Element of Business Environment.” Southeast University Journal of Business Studies, Vol. 6, no. 1. Centre for Business Research, Southeast University Bangladesh.
- “Commercial Banking in a Developing Economy.” ASA University Review, Vol. 5, no. 1. ASA University Bangladesh.
Basanta K.Barmon ,Muntasir Chaudhury,Saiyeeda Saniya Munim, “Value Chain and Marketing Channels of Shrimp /Prawn Sector of Gher Farming System in Bangladesh”, World Review of Business Research, Vol-1 ,No-1,pp:10-24, 2011
Saiyeeda Saniya Munim Biva Arani Mallik Iftekharul Huq , “Conceptualizing Social Capital in lieu of market: Viewing Literature through a New Framework”, Journal of Business and Technology , vol:2, No:2,, 2009
Mansur H. Ahsan, Yunus Md and Nandi.K.Biplob, “An Evaluation of the Tax System in Bangladesh “,International Growth Week,(IGC), Oxford University, London , Working Paper-17, 2011
Siddica, M. T. (2017). Does Institution Affect the Inflow of FDI? A Panel Data Analysis of Developed and Developing Countries. International Journal of Economics and Finance,Vol. 9, No. 7; 2017
Conference & Seminars
SANEM-DFID Capacity Building Research Workshop 2016 “Cutting Edge Research on Economic Growth
South Asian Network on Economic Modeling (SANEM) (February 2016)
SPSS and Applied Statistics
Institute of Statistical Research and Training, University of Dhaka (May 2012)
Demographic and Health Surveys: Data Use
Global Health eLearning Center (April 2016)
Global Health eLearning Center (May 2016)
Protecting Human Research Participants
National Institute of Health (NIH) (March 2016)
Bari, E., & Haque, A. (2016). The Economics of Taming Teesta River: Limits the Choice of Agricultural Crop Diversification. Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension, Economics & Sociology, 9(4), 1-13
Rahman, F. S., Sayeda, T., & Bari, E. (2015). Economics of improving hospitality management in Bangladesh through employee satisfaction. Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences (JETEMS), 6(4), 276-284.
Rahman, M., & Bari, E. (2016). The Political Economy of Change. Escaping the middle-income trap: Perspectives from Bangladesh.Friedrich Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Publication: Dhaka.
Rahman, M., and Bari, E. (2018). Bangladesh’s Formal and Informal Agricultural Trade with SAARC Countries. Working Paper (114); Centre for Policy Dialogue: Dhaka.
Rahman, M., Bari, E., & Farin, S. M. (2017). SAARC Food Bank: Institutional Architecture and Issues of Operationalization. Working Paper (113); Centre for Policy Dialogue: Dhaka.
Rahman, M., Sadique, Z., Bari, E., & Salma, U. (2016). Advancing the Interests of Bangladesh’s Migrant Workers: Issues of Financial Inclusion and Social Protection. Working Paper (112); Centre for Policy Dialogue: Dhaka.
Haque, A.E & Bari, E (2015). Garments Workers in Bangladesh: Social impact of the Garments Industry. Asian Centre for Development: Dhaka.
Raihan S., Ifteakhar, K.M.N., and M.T. N. Angkur. (2017) “Factors affecting Total Factor Productivity: Firm-Level Evidence from Manufacturing Sector of Bangladesh”, International Journal of SME Development. Issue-03,2017. (under review)
M.T. N. Angkur and Siddica, A. (2017). “Does Institution Affect the Inflow of FDI? A Panel Data Analysis of Developed and Developing countries”, International Journal of Economics and Finance; Vol 9.
“Foreign Aid and Economic Growth: An empirical study on selected South Asian and Sub–Saharan African countries-A Panel Data Analysis”, The Jahangirnagar Economic Review Vol.26, June 2015, Journal of the Department of Economics, Jahangirnagar University
“Effect of Trade Liberalization on Economic Growth of Developing countries”, The Jahangirnagar Review, Part-II: Social Science, Vol.XXXVI,2012
Work in Progress
M.T. N. Angkur and Ifteakhar, K.M.N. “Factors Determining the Choice of Level of Education in Bangladesh: Evidence from HIES”.
Nandi. B., Hasan. G.Q. and M. T. N. Angkur. “Does Sources of Budget Financing Matter for Economic Growth and Investment? A Panel Study among Some Developing countries”
Conference & Seminars
Participated at the 2nd SANEM Annual Economists’ Conference held at BRAC Centre Inn, Dhaka, February 18, 2017 and presented a paper on “Factors Determining the Choice of the Level of Education in Bangladesh: Empirical Evidence from HIES”.
Participated at The Third Asia KLEMS International Conference held at Chung-Hua Institution for Economic Research, Taipei, Taiwan, August 12-13, 2015 and jointly presented a paper with Dr. Selim Raihan on “Sources of Output Growth: Bangladesh Economy.
Participated at The Second Asia KLEMS International Conference held at The Bank of Korea, Seoul, South Korea, August 22-23, 2013 and presented a paper on “Estimates of Productivity: 28 Manufacturing Industries of Bangladesh”.
Represented SANEM at 5th South Asian Economic Summit 11-13th September 2012, Marriott Hotel, Islamabad, Pakistan as a Special Speaker on the session “Liberalization of Services Trade in South Asia.”
TRAINING PROGRAMS & WORKSHOPS
Workshop on “Getting published in indexed academic and scientific journal: how to do it?” organized by the Department of Real Estate and Research Group, Daffodil International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Eight South Asian Network Training Program on CGE Modeling, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, 4th -8th August, 2015.
Institute of Economic Growth (IEG) Delhi Training Course: “Panel Time Series Econometrics”-Two-Day Specialist Training Course, 28th and 29th January 2013 instructed by Dr. Markus Eberhardt, University of Nottingham and CSAE, Oxford.
- Worked in SANEM’s research paper as for IDRC (International Development Research Centre, Canada on “Dynamics of Employment in the Urban Informal Sector in Bangladesh.”
- Worked as a Research Assistant for the Effective States and Inclusive Development (ESID) project in collaboration with University of Manchester, UK: “The Political Determinants of Economic Growth”.
- As part of the International Trade Course (Masters) assignment, prepared the following papers for Dr. Selim Raihan, Professor, Dept. of Economics, University of Dhaka.
• Does resource abundance determine the (merchandise) export structure of a country? – A Cross-country Analysis
• Trade Liberalization and Economic Growth: An empirical study on South Asian countries- A Panel Data Analysis.
- Leadership in preparing a Research Proposal & conducting the Research Study on “Evaluating Tax Performance of Bangladesh With Reference To Some Selected Developing Countries”.
- Worked as a Research Assistant in collecting data from primary sources for A Competitive Study: Edible Oil Market in Bangladesh conducted by Bureau of Economic Research, University of Dhaka.
Sinha, A.K., Muntasir Chaudhury, A.H.M.R. Imon, “Income Elasticity of Time Deposit in the Context of Bangladesh”,International Journal of Business and Management, Vol. 3, No. 12 , 2008
Basanta Kumar Barmon, Muntasir Chaudhury and Saiyeeda S. Munim, “Value Chain and Marketing Channels of Shrimp/Prawn Sector of Gher Farming System in Bangladesh”; World Review of Business Research, Vol. 1. No. 1. March 2011. Pp. 10-24, 2011
Basanta Kumar Barmon, Muntasir Chaudhury, “Impact of Price and Price Variability on Acreage Allocation in Rice and Wheat Production in Bangladesh”; The Agriculturists, A Scientific Journal of Krishi Foundation, 10(1); Pp 23-30, May 2012
Chaudhury, Muntasir; “Import Demand Function and Elasticities of Crude Oil for Bangladesh”; The Jahangirnagar Economic Review, Vol. 23, June 2012
Nandi B Kumar Nandi, Muntasir Chaudhury and Gazi Quamrul Hasan, “Univariate Time Series Forecasting: A Study on Monthly Tax Revenue of Bangladesh”; East West Journal of Business and Social Studies, Vol. 4, January 2015; Pp 1-28.
“Estimates of the values of services of Hill forest, wetland and mangrove ecosystems in Bangladesh”. Research completed and submitted to IUCN Bangladesh Dec 2015, as co-author with Professor A. K. Enamul Haque
Mahtab Mamun, Fazle Akbar, Muntasir Chaudhury and Salimur Rahman; “Economic Burden of Chronic Hepatitis B Virus in Bangladesh” (PP09-091) presented in „The 22nd Conference of the Asian Pacific Association for the Study of the Liver’ (16-19 February 2012, Taipai, Taiwan); for the journal “Hepatology International” (Official journal of the Asian Pacific Association for the Study of Liver)
“Demand for Water in DWSA Zones (2005-2030)” Research completed (and published) as co-researcher with Professor A. K. Enamul Haque, (Date November 24, 2006)