A/2, Jahurul Islam Avenue
Jahurul Islam City, Aftabnagar
Master’s in Macroeconomics,
especially in the area of Fiscal and Monetary Policy,Debt Management,
Game theory & Information Economics, and
Applied Time Series & Panel Data Analysis in Macroeconomics,
University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
Senior Lecturer, East West University, Dhaka, Bangladesh,
(Since June 2014 till date)
Courses taught: Intermediate Macroeconomics, International Trade, Industrial Organization, Game Theory, Public Sector Economics, Economics of Information, Mathematics for Economics and Business
1. Eight Five Year Plan, Ministry of Planning, Bangladesh and Policy Research Institute (PRI), October, 2019 to till date.
2. Costs of LDC Graduation and Fiscal Challenges of Bangladesh: Policy Research Institute (PRI), 2017 to 2018: I used the Debt Sustainability Analysis(DSA) model to test fiscal vulnerability of Bangladesh’s graduation to Lower Middle Income country(Shifting from low cost borrowing to high cost borrowing)
3. Perspective Plan 2041, Ministry of Planning, Bangladesh and Policy Research Institute (PRI), 2017 to 2018: I worked to develop an extended version of macroeconomic model to forecast the policy variables (GDP, employment, poverty) based on the deterministic forecasting.
4. Delta Plan 2100, Ministry of Planning, Bangladesh and Policy Research Institute (PRI), 2016 to 2017: I worked to incorporate the environmental variables into the four-sector macro model to capture the impact of environmental shocks on output, employment, poverty and internal migration.
5. Seventh Five Year Plan, Ministry of Planning, Bangladesh and Policy Research Institute (PRI), 2014 to 2015: I worked as Senior Research Associate under the supervisions of Dr. Ahsan H. Mansur and Dr. Sadiq Ahmed.
6. SEMP Projects, Ministry of Finance, Bangladesh, 2012-November 2013: I redesigned Debt Sustainability Analysis (DSA) model for Bangladesh. This was actually extended version of standard DSA model, I incorporated the domestic debt instruments in this model to analyze debt sustainability.
7. Debt Sustainability and Risks of Global Financial Crisis: A Study of Bhutan and Maldives, Policy Research Institute (PRI), Bangladesh, Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan, and Maldives Monetary Authority, 2009 to 2011
1. Nandi. K. B., Kabir. H. and Roy. N. “Automation of VAT System: A Pathway of Domestic Resource Mobilization” Global Challenges and Strategic Disruptors in Asian Business and Economics, pp.214 – pp.223, September, 2019
2. Nandi.K.B. and Khondker.H.B. “Cost-Benefit Analysis: Strengthening the Tax Base in Bangladesh” Bangladesh Priorities, Copenhagen Consensus Centre (CCC), Volume-II, pp. 1 –pp.36, August 2017
3. Mansur H. Ahsan, Yunus Md and Nandi.K.Biplob, “An Evaluation of the Tax System in Bangladesh “,International Growth Week,(IGC), Oxford University, London , Working Paper-17, 2011
1. Nandi.K.B. and Gazi. H. Q. “The Bitcoin Saga” Policy Insight, Policy Research Institute (PRI), Volume-I, April 2018
2. Nandi.K. B., Chaudhury. M. and Gazi. H. Q. “Univariate Tax Revenue Forecasting: A Case Study in Bangladesh” East West Journal of Business and Social Studies, Volume 4, November 2, 2015
3. Haque.N. and Nandi.K. B. “Does Economic Performance Influence Necessarily VAT Efforts? A Panel Analysis among Asian and African Countries” The Jahangirnagar Economic Review, Volume-24, June 2012.