Faculty Members Publication
1. MN Aziz, Increase productivity of team members in a Scrum project, IJNSS, 2020, 7(2), 36-39.
- Mahnoor Sattar, “CAPM Vs Fama-French Three-Factor Model: An Evaluation of Effectiveness in Explaining Excess Return in Dhaka Stock Exchange”. International Journal of Business and Management, ISSN 1833-3850, Vol. 12, No. 5, (2017) P.119-129
Conference & Seminars
- Mahnoor Sattar, “CAPM Vs FAMA-FRENCH THREE-FACTOR MODEL: A Comparative Study on Return of Cement Industry of Bangladesh” International Conference on Business and Social Science Research (ICBSSR), (2015)
- Shaker, Fahim & Reaz Hafiz (2014). “ Personal Branding in Online Platform” Global Disclosure of Economics and Business, Vol. 3, Number 3/2014, ISSN: 2305-9168p; 2307-9592e
- Reaz Hafiz (2015) “Rethinking Brand Identity to Become an Iconic Brand – A Study on Pepsi” Asian Business Review, Vol. 5, Issue 3/2015 ISSN: 2304-2613p; ISSN:2305-8730e
- Reaz Hafiz (2015) “Strategies for Overcoming Fear to Become an Elegant Presenter”, ABC Journal of Advanced Research, Vol. 4, Number 2/2015, ISSN: 2304-2621p; 2312-203Xe
- Dewan Muhammad Nur – A Yazdani, Reaz Hafiz (2016). “Structural retail environment and people’s intention to purchase”. The Chartered Secretary -A Corporate Professional Journal, April-June, 2016.
- Dewan Muhammad Nur – A Yazdani, Reaz Hafiz (2016). “Detect, Prevent and Respond: A Theoretical Study on Cyber Crime”. The Chartered Secretary – A Corporate Professional Journal, July-December, 2016.
N. B. Rab and R. H. Moutushi, “Is ‘Greening’ the Key to Sustain in Global Market for Bangladeshi Readymade Garments Industry?”.International Journal of Business and Management, R-12(3), (2017), P.135.
- N.K. Saha and R. H. Moutushi , “Corporate governance and Firm performance: The role of the board and the audit committee”. Asian Journal of Finance & Accounting, Vol.10, No. 1, (2018)
- N. B. Rab and R. H. Moutushi , “Greening RMG: a key to sustain in global market for Bangladeshi RMG Industry”.2nd International Conference on Business Research, Department of Business Administration, East West University, R-2(1), (2016), P.3.
- R. H. Moutushi, S.Shams and N.K. Saha, “Factors influencing customer usage of Mobile Banking: An Empirical Study in Bangladesh”. The Jahangirnagar University Journal of Business Research, Vol.6, (2018).
Jobaid, M. I., Khan, M. M., Rahman, M. R., Sarkar, M. I., & Hasan, R. (2015). Factors Influencing Job satisfaction of the Employees of Tannery in Bangladesh . International Journal of Business and Management Review , 64-69 .
Hossain, M. A., Hasan, R., Kibria, M., & Mazmum, M. A. (2017, December ). Factors Influencin the Usage of 3G Mobile Services: An Empirical Study on Bangladeshi Young Citizens. North South Business Review, 8(1), 16-28.
- Kaniz Fatima and Md. Mohiuddin, “Impact of Capital Structure on Profitability and Corporate Value of Ceramic Industry: A Study on Some Selected Listed Companies in Dhaka Stock Exchange”, Journal of Business Administration, 41 (2), (2020), P. 47-78.
- Shama N. Islam, Kaniz Fatima, Shamima Najnin, and M. Shah Alam, “Polarization Properties of Side-Hole Optical Fiber Under External Stress”, Journal of Electrical Engineering (JEE), Institution of Engineers Bangladesh (IEB), EE-36 (I), (2009), P. 25-29.
- S. A. Fattah, K. Fatima, C. Shahnaz, “An approach for classifying alcoholic and non-alcoholic persons based on time domain features extracted from EEG signals”, IEEE International WIE Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (WIECON-ECE), 2015, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Khurshid Hasan, Kaniz Fatima, and Md. Sohel Mahmood, “Feasibility of Hybrid Power Generation over Wind and Solar Standalone System”, 5th International Power Engineering and Optimization Conference (PEOCO2011), Malaysia.
- M. Shah Alam, Shama Naz Islam, Kaniz Fatima, Shamima Najnin, Sanjib Das, Anindya Jyoti Dutta, and Nurmohammed Patwary, “External Stress Effects on Polarization Mode Dispersion of Birefringent Optical Fibers”, International Conference on Computer and Communication Engineering ICCCE’10, International Islamic University, Malaysia.
Workshop & Seminar
Attended a workshop on “Writing Academically and Learning Self-Editing” on 17 July 2019. It was organized by the EWU writing center, Department of English. The key-note speaker of this workshop was honorable Sir, Dr. Fakrul Alam, Ex-Pro-Vice- Chancellor, East West University.
Participated in a Seminar on “Basic Concept on Productivity and Office Management” organized by the Departemnt of Business Administration on 18 July 2019. The Seminar was condusted by Mr. S. M. Ashrafuzzaman, Joint Secretary of the Govt. of People’s republic of Bangladesh.
IEEE Bangladesh Section along with its Women In Engineering (WIE) Affinity Group organized a discussion session on “Fire Safety” with a theme of ‘Fire Safety Management and Accident Prevention: Challenges and Engineering Solutions’ on 3rd August in BUET. Speakers and participants from 16 organizations including 9 industries took part in a great discussion session to provide technical solutions of fire hazards.
Attended a Seminar on "How to make high impact publication?" on January 15, 2019, in S. M. Nousher Ali Lecture Gallery (Room no. 126), Ground floor, Block-C, East West University. The seminar was organized by EWCRT. The key presenter was Dr. Ataur Rahman, Professor, Water, and Environmental Engineering, School of Computing, Engineering, and Mathematics, Center for Infrastructure Engineering, Western Sydney, Australia.
Attended a day-long workshop on "Teaching Learning Practices" arranged by IQAC of East West University on 16 February 2019 in S. M. Nousher Ali Lecture Gallery (Room no. 126). Professor Dr. M. M. Shahidul Hassan, Vice-Chancellor, East West University inaugurated the workshop. Later Professor Dr. Fakrul Alam, Ex-Pro-Vice-Chancellor, East West University, Professor Dr. Md. Mozammel Huq Azad Khan, Dean, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Professor Dr. Tanbir Ahmed Chowdhury, Dean, Faculty of Business and Economics, Dr. Fouzia Manna, Associate Professor and Dean, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Social Science, Professor Dr. Anisul Haque, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Professor Dr. A. K. M Enamul Haque, Department of Economics, Professor Dr. Khairul Alam, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering were the speakers.
1. Successfully completed a training program on "Research Methodology" conducted by EWCRT (East West University Center for Research & Training) from 19 September 2019 to 17 October 2019.
1. Fatima, K. (2019). "Efficient channel reduction and feature extraction schemes for analyzing mental and cognitive task based EEG signals", Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE), BUET.
Award & Achievement
For outstanding academic performance in the MBA Program of IBA (Institute of Business Administration), University of Dhaka, I was awarded a Gold medal as a Valedictorian and achieved the honor of being included in the "Director's Honors List" in the 52nd Graduation Ceremony on October 11, 2019. The Chief Guest of the Ceremony was Professor Dr. Md. Akhtaruzzaman, Honourable Vice-Chancellor, University of Dhaka. Dr. Rubana Huq, President of Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) graced the occasion as the Graduation Speaker. The Convocation Ceremony was held in Bangabandhu International Conference Center, Agargaon, Sher-E-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207.
1. Cryptocurrency adoption in Malaysia: What matters?
2. The Effect of Macro and Micro Level Factors on Capital Structure, Firm Performance & Stock Return of Listed Textile Companies of Bangladesh.
1. Sultana, N. 2016. “Customers’ Attitude toward Online Shopping: An Empirical Study on Women in Dhaka City”. Dhaka University Journal of Business Studies. Vol. XXXVII. No. 3. P.73-90. ISSN: 1682-2498.
2. Sultana, N. 2017. “Growing Development of tourism Industry in Bangladesh: An Empirical Study”. Dhaka University Journal of Business Studies. Vol. 38, No. 2. P. 137-159. ISSN: 1682-2498.
3. Zabeen, M., Shams, S., and Sultana, N. 2017. “Growing Popularity of Muslim Attire: Faith or Fashion?”. International Journal of Asian Social Science. Vol. 7, No. 9, P. 728-737.
4. Sultana, N., Shahriar, S. H., Akhter, S. and Rahman, M. 2018. “Evaluating the Effectiveness of Facebook as the source of Job Advertisements: An Empirical Study”. Academy of Marketing Studies Journal. Vol. 22, Issue. 2, 1528-2678-22-2-157.
Sultana, N., Shahriar, S. H., Akhter, S. and Rahman, M. 2017. “Evaluating the Effectiveness of Facebook as the Source of Job Advertisements: An Empirical Study”. Presented at 2nd International Conference on Business and Economies. October 30-31, 2017. Faculty of Business Studies, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Kabir, T., & Popy, N. (2019). Consumer behavior in outbound tourism: A Bangladeshi perspective. International Journal of Management and Development Studies, 8(1). Retrieved from www.ijmds.in/.
- Huda, S.S., Kabir, T., & Siddiq, T.A. (2019). Civic Engagement of Students: Perspectives of Bangladesh. IGI Global.
Conference & Seminars
- T.Kabir, S.Arafat, , and M. S. Alam, “Study on “Ek Cup Cha” ‘(A Cup of Tea): A Triumphant Case from Dhaka on Street Food Branding”, Atlantic Marketing Association Proceedings. September 27-30, 2017, Williamsburg, VA.
Huda, S. S., Saha, S., Kabir, M. H. (submitted for publication). Influence of eCRM on Customer Satisfaction and Customer Loyalty: A Study on Bangladesh Fast Food Industry. International Journal of Electronic Customer Relationship Management. Inderscience Publishers, Switzerland.
Kabir, M. H., Huda, S. S., & Faruq, O. (2020). Mobile Financial Services in the Context of Bangladesh. Copernican Journal of Finance & Accounting, 9(3), 83-98.
Huda, S. S., Kabir, M. H., Popy, N. N., & Saha, S. (2020). Innovation in Financial Services: The Case of Bangladesh. Copernican Journal of Finance & Accounting, 9(1), 31-56.
Huda, S. S., Kabir, M. H., Siddiq. T. (2020). E-Assessment in Higher Education: Students’ Perspective. International Journal of Education and Development using Information and Communication Technology, 16(2), 250-258.
Shareef, M. A., Raman, R., Baabdullah, A. M., Mahmud, R., Ahmed, J. U., Kabir, M. H., Kumar, V., Kumar, U., Akram, M.S., Kabir, A., & Mukerji, B. (2019). Public service reformation: Relationship building by mobile technology. International Journal of Information Management, 49, 217-227.
Nandi, B. K., Kabir, M. H., & Roy, N. (2021). Automation of VAT System: A Pathway of Domestic Resource Mobilization. In Global Challenges and Strategic Disruptors in Asian Businesses and Economies (pp. 224-246). IGI Global. Release Date: September, 2020.
Kabir, M. H. (2021). Financial Innovation: Accelerating Financial Inclusion in South Asia. In Fostering Innovation and Competitiveness With FinTech, RegTech, and SupTech (pp. 186-209). IGI Global. Release Date: September, 2020.
Huda, S. S., Akhtar, A., Kabir, M. H., & Faruq, O. (2021). Advertisement Practices in Bangladesh: Agency Perspectives. In Handbook of Research on New Media Applications in Public Relations and Advertising (pp. 63-100). IGI Global. Release Date: August, 2020.
1. Journal article on Factors Affecting Equity Return during Corporate Declaration
Journal Name: Research Journal of Finance and Accounting ( Vol 10, No16, 2019)
2. Journal article on Performance Assessment of Demutualization of Bangladesh Stock Market
Journal Name: European Journal of Business and Management (Vol 10, No 12, 2018)
1. The causes of forex reserve buildup. (The Financial Express. Date: March 02 , 2014)
2. Investment Stability: Increasing Reserve. (The Daily News Today. Date: February 18, 2014)
Title of the Journal: Glass Ceiling for Professional Women: A Study on Bangladesh
The ‘glass ceiling’ metaphor is used to describe invisible barriers (glass) through which women see elite positions but cannot reach them (ceiling). The scenario poses as if there is not sufficient room for women at the top positions like a board member, authoritarian bodies, and top executive committees. Under such circumstances, whether the glass ceiling exists in Bangladesh, the obstacles the professional women face because of their gender, the kind of support they need, and the factors that assist them to overcome those: these were the research areas of this study. This study gained insight by interviewing high position holder female professionals from versatile and challenging sectors. The barriers found were many: stereotypical undervaluation of women, child-care challenges, social underestimation and disobedience due to professional jealousy, scarcity of family support and additional work efforts due to gender. Factors like support from family and husband, urge for a separate identity, self-determination, educational excellence was found to assist women to shatter the ceiling. The study provides interesting findings that can be rendered useful and essential.
Link: Glass Ceiling. JFS, CSF
1. International Conference on Interdisciplinary Research in Technology & Management (IRTM), February 2021. Organized by Institute of Engineering & Management, Kolkata; University of Engineering & Management, Kolkata and Jaipur; in collaboration with Taylor and Francis Group.
Title of the paper: A Predictive Model Anticipating Consumer Behavior in Online Purchasing in an E-Commerce Environment in the COVID-19 era: A Study on Dhaka, Bangladesh
2. International Conference on Business and Sustainable Development (ICBSD), March, 2018. Organized by Faculty of Business Studies, Rajshahi University, Bangladesh
Title of the paper: 'Challenges of Career Women: A Case Study on Public and Private Sector Professionals in Bangladesh'
3. International Conference on Gender Mainstreaming in Politics, Administration, and Development in South Asia and Beyond, November, 2017. Organized by the Public Policy and Governance Program at Department of Political Science and Sociology, North South University, Bangladesh.
Title of the paper: Work-Life Balance: A Study on Professional Women in Dhaka
4. 14th Asian Business Research Conference, 2016
Title of the paper: Glass Ceiling in Bangladesh: Women Who Have Broken It.
1. Barua, S., Kar, D., & Mahbub, F.B. Risks and Their Management in Ready-Made Garment Industry: Evidence from the World’s Second Largest Exporting Nation. Journal of Business and Management, College of Commerce, National Chengchi University, Taiwan. 24(1): 75-103. 2018.
2. Kabir, M. & Mahbub, F. B. Factors Affecting the Inflows of Foreign Direct Investment in Readymade Garment Sector of Bangladesh: A Study on Selected Garment Factories at Dhaka Export Processing Zone. Journal of Business Studies, PUST. 1(1): 120-131. 2018.
1. Mahbub, F. B. and Kabir, M, (2021), 'Impact of Customer Trust in Online Shopping Amidst the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Study on Dhaka, Bangladesh', International Conference on Interdisciplinary Research in Technology & Management (IRTM) , 26-28 February, 2021, Kolkata, India.
2. Barua, S., Rana, R. H., Arafin, A. and Mahbub, F. B, (2018), 'The Belt and Road Initiative: Evaluating South Asia’s Trade Potential with China', 4th International Conference on South Asian Economic Development, 22-23 February, 2018, New Delhi, India.
|1. Belt and Road Initiative and South Asia: Opportunities and Challenges
|Book Name: Belt and Road Initiative (BRI): China’s Global Business Footprint
||Accepted for publication
|2. Influence of eCRM on Customer Satisfaction and Customer Loyalty: A Study on Bangladesh Fast Food Industry||International Journal of Electronic Customer Relationship Management
|3. Innovation in Financial Services: The Case of Bangladesh||Copernican Journal of Finance & Accounting
Tamanna, K. M. (2018). Classification of the Factors Influencing Online Buying: A Literature Review. International Journal of Management Technology (IJMT) , Vol 5,December 2018 (Current) ( Issue 4), 1-11.
|Consumer behavior in outbound tourism: a Bangladeshi perspective
||International Journal of Management and Development Studies (Vol 8, Issue 1)
|Attitude toward social media reviews and restaurant visit intention: a Bangladeshi perspective
||South Asian Journal of Business Studies
|Innovation in Financial Services: The Case of Bangladesh
||Copernican Journal of Finance & Accounting (Vol 9, Issue 1)
Workshops and Training
|Training on Research Methodology for the faculty members of East West University
||East West University Center for Research and Training.
||September 19, 2019 to October 17, 2019
|Seminar on Factors Influencing Adoption of Cloud Computing in Higher Educational Institutes of Bangladesh
||Organizer: Department of Business Administration
Place: DBA conference hall
|November 07, 2019