A/2, Jahurul Islam Avenue
Jahurul Islam City, Aftabnagar
Silvia Akter is an Assistant Professor of HRM stream at the East West University, Department of Business Administration, Bangladesh. She received her Masters degree in International HRM from University of East London, UK and MBA from University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. She contributes some articles in refereed journals. Her articles mainly focus on Employee Motivation, Employee Turnover and Retention and HRM practices in the organization. Her current research interests include the Employment Relationship, Employee Psychological Contact, Micro credits, Macroeconomics and Green HRM. Currently She is acting as Moderator of Business club. Besides teaching, she is involved in various social services, HRM consultancy and training.
• Sultana, N., Shahriar, H. S., Akter, S. and Rahman, M. (2018), “Evaluating the effectiveness of Facebook as the source of job advertisements: An empirical study”. Academy of Marketing Studies Journal. 22(2). ISSN: 1095-6298 (Print).
• Khan, S. I, Bartram, T, Cavanagh, J, Hossain, M. S And Akter S. (2019), ““Decent work” in the ready-made garment sector in Bangladesh: The role for ethical human resource management, trade unions and situated moral agency”. Personnel Review, 48 (40-55), Emerald Publishing Limited.
• Akter, S and Rahman, R (2016), “Benefit Options: Employee perspectives” Scholar Journal of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. 4(1A):40-44. ISSN: 2347-9493 (print).
• Alam, R and Akter, S. (2016), “HR Practices in Selected RMG Factories in Dhaka”Journal of Business. 1(4):39-42. ISSN: 2380-4041(print).
• Akter, S (2016), “Privacy and Security Issues of Mobile Phone: Perceptions of University Students”. Journal of Scientific Research & Reports. 11(01): 1-8. ISSN: 2320-0227 (print).
• Akter, S, Eva, T.P and Hossain M.S (2017), “Strtegic Impact of High-tech monitoring on Employee Performance: An HRM Perspective”.World Review of Business Research. 7(01), (Print)
• Akther, S, Akter, S and Uddin, K (2017) “Factors Influencing Job Stress in Privatized Banks of Bangladesh”. Journal of Global Management Review , 11(1), ( Print)
• Akter, S. (2012), “Empowerment: Doctor vs. Nurses”, Asian Business Review, 1(1):136-139. ISSN-2304-2613 (Print).
• Akter, S. (2012), “Employee Satisfaction of Sainsbury’s, An Exploratory Study of Human Resource Management” Academic research Society.2 (8): 316-322. ISSN: 2222-6990. (Print)
• Akter, S and Akter, S. (2013), “An Exploratory Study on Attrition Rate in the Telecommunication Sector of Bangladesh” International Journal of Management Sciences.1 (5):146-151.ISSN:2310-2829 (print).
• Ahsan, R, Hossain, M. S and Akter, S (2016) “The Strategic Interplay among Work Life Balance, Age, Employee Experience and Employee Retention: Evidence from the Pharmaceutical Industry of Bangladesh”. Independent Business Review, 9 (1-2).(Print)
• Hossain, M. S, and Akter, S (2016 & 2017) “Issues, Challenges and Opportunities of Women Entrepreneurship in Bangladesh: A Case Study on Online Business”. Dhaka University Journal of Management, 8-9 (1 & 2). (Print)
• Akter, S. Privacy and Security Issues of Mobile Phone: Perceptions of University Students. Presented at XVIII ISA World Congress of Sociology, July 13-19, 2014, Yokohama, Japan.
• Akther, S., Uddin, K and Akter, S. A Study on the Impact of Job stress in Banking Sector of Bangladesh. Presented at The 2nd International Conference on Business Research (ICBR), May 26-27, 2016, East West University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• Akther, S., Akter, S and Uddin, K. An Empirical Study on the Impact of Job Stress in Privatized Banks of Bangladesh. Presented at International Conference for Bankers and Academics (in association with the journal of Developing Areas, TSU, USA), September 25-26, 2016, BIBM Bhaban, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• Akter, S and Eva, T. Do Employees’ like their Employers’ Close Eye? Evaluation of Employers’ Electronic Surveillance: Employee Perspective. Presented at International Conference for Bankers and Academics (in association with the journal of Developing Areas, TSU, USA), September 25-26, 2016, BIBM Bhaban, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• S. Nayeema, S. Shamsul, S. Akter and R. Maria, “Evaluating the effectiveness of Facebook as the source of job advertisements in Bangladesh: An empirical study”. Presented at the 2nd International Conference on Business and economics, October 30-31, 2017, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Multimedia slides, Books, White board.