A/2, Jahurul Islam Avenue
Jahurul Islam City, Aftabnagar
Ph.D. in Economics, University of Newcastle Australia
Master of Social Science in Economics (Specialisation in Econometrics) , East West University
Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance, University of Dhaka
Dr. Javed Bin Kamal is an applied macroeconomist. He did his PhD in Economics from Newcastle University Australia. Before going to Australia for PhD, Dr. Kamal worked as an investment banker for the period of 2010-2016 in Bangladesh. He also serves as a reviewer of international academic journal such as Journal of Developing Areas and Journal of East-West Business ( Taylor and Francis).
Dr. Javed Bin Kamal had significant amount of experience in corporate world. He performed as an investment banker during the period of 2010-2016. He demonstrated skills in closing transactions to raise BDT 5190 million. He had handful amount of experiences in arranging syndicated loans, designing financial products, financial modelling, arranging equity finance etc.
• Asset Pricing/Financial Economics
• Applied Econometrics
• International Economics
• Corporate Finance and Investment
• Financial Markets
• Risk Management
• Monetary Policy, Money and Banking
• Structured Finance
1. Kamal. J.B. & Wohar, M. 2022. Heterogenous responses of stock market to covid related news and sentiments: Evidence from the 1st year of pandemic. International Economics. Scopus Q1 Journal.
2. Kamal J.B. & Hassan, M.K. 2022. Asymmetric connectedness between cryptocurrency environment attention index and green assets. Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Volume 25.
3. Kamal, J.B. & Hossain, AA. 2022. An investigation of the effects of external shocks on the Bangladesh economy: An application of the GVAR modelling approach. Journal of Developing Areas. 56(2).
4. Kamal, Javed Bin and Haque, A.K. Enamul .2016. Dependence between Equity Market and Foreign Exchange Market in South Asia- a Copula-GARCH Approach. Journal of Developing Areas, 50 (1), 175-195.
5.Kamal, Javed Bin .2012. Optimal Portfolio Selection in Ex Ante Stock Price Bubble and Furthermore Bubble Burst Scenario from Dhaka Stock Exchange with Relevance to Sharpes Single Index Model. Journal of Financial Assets and Investing, 3(3):29-42.
6. Kamal J.B. Wohar, M & Kamal, K.B. A. 2022. Do gold, oil, equities and currencies hedge economic policy uncertainty and geopolitical risks during covid crisis? Resources policy. Volume 78, September 2022, 102920
Taught courses ( Spring,2020)
Courses to be taught:
Institute of management consultant of Bangladesh